Release Date: May 28, 2021
Introducing Request Docs!
Request Docs is a new and efficient way to ask your clients for a list of documents they can easily upload.
The feature offers SmartVault Administrators and Guest users increased confidence and visibility into the document request and upload process.
- The Request Docs feature is only available for all SmartVault Structured Accounting plans except for the Tax Prep plan. If you’re on the Tax Prep plan, you can upgrade to one of our Accounting Pro plans available on your Billing page or contact our Support Team to assist.
- Version one of the Request Docs feature is only available to Administrators and Account Employees. We will make the functionality available to Assigned Employees in the next release.
- Easier and more simplified workflow around document requests.
- All-in-one document request management.
- Reduced number of notifications you receive from clients and guests.
How it works
With Request Docs, you can select a template connected to an engagement, customize it as needed, and submit it to your clients and guests.
- SmartVault provides you with some built-in templates to help you get started, or you can customize them to your needs.
- When requested, your guests and clients receive an email with a link to upload the requested documents. Also, they can see the request form on their Guest portal and easily upload the requested files.
|Firm Administrator Experience
|Guest User Experience
What was updated?
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication at an account level
Account administrators can now enforce two-factor authentication and sessions functionality on all users of their SmartVault account.
Adjustments to Templates for new UK accounts
The ordering of the folder templates in the selector is now correct for all new UK accounts, including TaxCalc.
Removing Bulk Send Files tile for UK accounts
The Bulk Send Files tile is no longer present on the user home page of all new UK accounts, including TaxCalc.
Links in the Explore SmartVault modal
The links in the Explore SmartVault modal on the home page go to the correct articles on the help center.
What was fixed?
Pagination issue when "My Clients Only" filter is applied
When the "My Clients Only" filter is applied, employees can see all assigned clients on a page-by-page basis.
Preferred account setting
When selecting a preferred account, the setting persists when navigating to another tab, refreshing the page, and logging out and back in.
Error message when requesting e-signature or authoritative copy from the Connected Desktop
Users can request an e-signature or authoritative copy from the Connected Desktop without getting the "This operation is not supported" error message.
Error message when sending documents via the Get Signature feature
The Get Signature feature workflow is corrected to allow sending documents containing HTML links.
Employee's email status showing as Unknown on the information page
The employee's email shows the correct status on the employee's information page.
Activation link for non-structured accounts opening legacy sign-up page
The activation link for non-structured accounts now opens the new sign-up page.
Legacy Files and Folders view launches when opening file or folder in Portal from the Connected Desktop
Files and Folders view opens in the Portal Dashboard when opening a file or folder in Portal from the Connected Desktop.
Legacy Files and Folders view launches when opening a file from a link received from another SmartVault user
Files and Folders view opens in the Portal Dashboard when opening a file from a link received from another SmartVault user.
Chatbot widget covering error and information messages
The error and information messages now display on the bottom left to prevent the Chatbot widget from covering them.