The SmartVault Request Docs feature is an efficient way for Guest users to upload required documents and answer any questions requested by the SmartVault account administrator.
- Upload only the documents requested.
- Provide additional comments on certain requested documents.
- Choose to specify a particular request for a document that does not apply.
- Continue to upload the requested documents over time until you are finished.
- Keep track of all your requests on one easy-to-read page.
- Option to revisit the documents you’ve uploaded and submitted in the past.
- Get notified when a request has been made of you.
Things to know
- As a guest user, your SmartVault account owner will have the option to request a list of documents for you to upload for a specific type of engagement, such as Tax, Accounting Services, or even special one-time projects.
- When your SmartVault account owner requests documents, you will receive a link via email to click on, and you can then sign in and go directly to the Request Docs tab on the File Exchange page in SmartVault.
- Once the account owner has sent you a request, they have the option to send you a reminder to finish uploading the request documents so they can begin working on your engagement.
Components of the Request Docs feature
The Request Docs feature has two components.
- The Request Docs Modal - where you upload the requested documents.
- The Requested Docs Tab - where you can visit all of the document requests sent to you.
Responding to Request Docs requests
- When your SmartVault account owner sent you a Request Docs request, you will receive an email with a link to upload the requested documents.
- Click the link on the email and sign in to SmartVault.
- From the Home page, click Request Docs on the Actions panel.
- You will land on the Requested Docs tab of the File Exchange page.
- Click on the request to review the list of files requested and begin uploading them.
- Click Upload a file to browse for the file or drag and drop it into the window.
- If a request does not apply to your situation, enable the This does not apply checkbox.
- If needed, you can leave a comment related to the specific document for the requestor.
- Once you have completed uploading the requested files, click the Submit button.
You will not be able to click the Submit button unless you have uploaded a file for each request or marked the request as "This does not apply."
- After you click Submit, the Requested Docs page refreshes and the request appears as Submitted. At this point, your requestor is notified that you have completed the request.
- If you want to return to this page, click the link in the original request email or log in to https://my.smartvault.com and click on the Requested Docs link to continue.