As a Guest User on SmartVault, there might be times when someone needs you to upload documents for them. With the "Request Docs" feature, this process is straightforward! You can upload documents, provide comments, and keep track of all your requests in one place.
- As a guest user, your SmartVault account owner can request a list of documents for you to upload for specific types of engagements(e.g., tax, accounting services, or special projects).
- The options to access the feature will appear only if document requests are sent to you.
Responding to Document Requests
Here is a quick overview of how the feature works:
- Getting Started: When someone asks for documents using the SmartVault "Request Docs" feature, you'll get an email. This email contains a link to upload the requested documents. All you need to do is open that email and click the link!
- Navigating to the Right Place: In SmartVault, select Requested Docs on the left-hand navigation bar or click the View & Respond to Requests button in the "Document Requests Pending" box. Note: These options will only appear if there are pending document requests.
This action will take you to the "Requested Docs" page.
- Finding Your Document Requests: On the "Requested Docs" page, you can see all the requests sent to you.
- Uploading Your Documents: Click on the request you want to handle first.
You'll see the Upload a file button - click on it, and you can browse your computer for the file or drag and drop it into the upload area.
- Extra Options: If the requester asks for a document that doesn't apply to you, you can select the box This does not apply.
You can also leave a comment if there's something you think the requester should know.
- Finishing Up: Once you upload your files, click Submit.
If there are any outstanding requests you can't submit yet - you'll need to upload the remaining files or select theThis does not apply box.
- You're Done! After clicking Submit, you'll see the status of the document request change to "Submitted." The person who requested the documents will be notified that you have completed the request.
You can always return to the Request Docs page if you have more documents to upload later. Click the original request email link, log in to SmartVault, select Requested Docs on the left-hand navigation bar, or click the View & Respond to Requests button in the "Document Requests Pending" box.