With SmartRouting, you can print documents from UltraTax and automatically route them to the correct client or folder location in SmartVault. Enable SmartRouting for efficient document management in your tax workflow.
Enabling SmartRouting in SmartVault
To enable SmartRouting:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click your initials at the top of the screen and click Settings.
- Go to Account Settings > Manage Billing and Payment and click Configure Integrations.
- Select SmartRouting from the left navigation and toggle the enabling button.
This is an account-wide setting. Once enabled by one person, it's ready for all users.
Now that you're all set, you can begin using SmartRouting!
With SmartRouting, printing directly to the correct client folder in SmartVault is seamless. To use this feature, ensure the SmartVault Connected Desktop is running. This step is critical to ensure the proper routing of printed files.
To use SmartRouting:
- Open the SmartVault Connected Desktop.
- In UltraTax, select the client and the required document to print.
- Click File on the menu bar and select the print option you need for the client.
- In the Print dialog, click Printer, select "SmartVault PDF Printer," and click OK.
- "SmartVault PDF Printer" appears under Print destinations, and the PDF to File shows the path for the printed documents.
If you need to change the PDF to File folder path, click and choose the SmartRouting folder located at Documents > Upload to SmartVault > SmartRouting. Please note that the folder path may differ based on the type of installation.
If you operate within a virtualized environment, please contact your Virtual Environment Support for assistance locating and accessing the SmartRouting folder in the virtual environment.
- Select the appropriate forms (government, client, and/or preparer copy). Ensure PDF to file is selected for each document you want to print to SmartVault.
Set up these settings on your first print. The software will remember your preferences.
- Click Print.
- When printing is complete, the files are in your client vault within SmartVault.