This topic reviews the various tabs of the User Settings dialog.
The User Settings dialog allows you to configure your preferences for the SmartVault for Windows Desktop Software. It also includes settings tabs for Scanners, Backups, Confirmations, Engagements, Extensions, and Advanced (the Engagements and Extensions tabs are only used in SmartVault Solo and Team Accountants plans (with or without tax) and SmartVault Tax plans).
Accessing the User Settings dialog
- Open the Launchpad by double-clicking on the SmartVault Launchpad desktop shortcut
or by right-clicking on the SmartVault icon in the Windows Taskbar in the bottom right corner of your Windows Desktop and selecting SmartVault Launchpad from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the green text "SmartVault User Settings" to modify your settings.
- Check "Remember my user name" to let SmartVault automatically sign you in when the SmartVault for Windows Desktop Client loads.
- Toolbar settings allow you to customize the background color of the toolbar. If you use the default setting, it will match your current Windows theme.
This window allows you to configure the type of scanner that you want to use for all of your SmartVault scanning such as how SmartVault should capture the image file. In the Settings window, you can choose your default scanner, Resolution (dpi), and Image type (Grayscale, Black and White, or Color). In the Options section you can select:
- Auto-Adjust image brightness
- Auto-select feeder when ready
- Enable duplex scanning
- Enable use of document feeder
- Show the native status window (third party scanner software)
- Show the native scanning windows (third party scanner software)
- Invert black & white images
The "Advanced" button at the bottom of the page allows you to control how the default settings of the SmartVault TWAIN driver. It is usually best to leave these settings alone unless you are experiencing an issue not solved by selecting the different checkboxes under the Options section of the Scanners tab.
These preferences are only for TWAIN compliant scanners. The Fujitsu ScanSnap and Canon CaptureOnTouch settings are not available in this window.
For each company file, you can control whether or not you want to be prompted to create a company backup after you close the company file a specific number of times.
To improve workflow, you can choose these options in the Confirmations tab.
- Automatically create and send backups without prompting
- Automatically accept and upload a scanned document
With the first option above, you can disable the backup reminder, and with the second, save time by not choosing to click on Accept each time you attach a document.
Use this tab to allow SmartVault to integrate with or import data from:
- Intuit ProSeries
- Intuit Lacerte
- Intuit DMS
- .CSV files
Note: Depending on your SmartVault Plan, not all product extension types may be available.
Various settings that many improve Launchpad performance and stability:
- Use subdomain routing
We recommend calling SmartVault Customer Support before changing any setting under the Advanced tab.