Because many firms annotate files in the Source Documents folder, SmartVault moves these files into the Source Documents folder by default. This action removes the files from being shared with your clients.
However, if you want clients to see documents from the Source Documents folder, edit the DMS migration rule to move them to the Client Source Documents folder. The Client Source Documents folder is a shared folder accessible to your clients from the client portal.
Return to these steps when you are ready to begin your migration.
1. Click on the Import Data icon on the SmartVault Launchpad window.
2. Select Intuit DMS as the source and select your SmartVault account to import to. Click Next.
3. Click Folder Mapping on the next screen.
4. The DMS Folder Mapping tool opens. The folder mapping for the Client folder displays by default.
5. Click the down arrow next to Client and select Tax Year Engagement.
6. Select the option "Map Source Documents folder to Firm Source Documents (using association)" and then click Edit.
7. Under the Destination Folder section on the Mapping Definition window that opens, click the down arrow to expand the menu next to Target Association.
8. Select "Source document files" and click OK.
9. On the DMS Folder Mapping window, click OK.
10. Your Source Documents now map to the Client Source Document folder when migrating, and your files in the Source Documents folder are available to each client.
Back to Migration Prep Work