You can use the ‘View in Browser’ feature in the SmartVault Portal to view files types instantly, including Microsoft Office files, PDFs, Outlook email messages, and more than a half-dozen types of graphic file formats, anytime, from anywhere. Manage secure file sharing - confidential documents can be viewed without having to download them or to delete them after downloading them.
SmartVault users, including Guests, have the ability to:
- View documents in a browser without having to download or own the software in which the file was created.
- View all previous and current versions of the selected document before downloading or printing (this ability is turned off by default).
- Display file information, including file description, owner, created date, modified date, and size.
- Open or print as a PDF from the ‘View in Browser’ window.
For example, assume you are at home in the evening, or out of the office on vacation, away from your work computer, and you receive an urgent request from a client. You can log on to the SmartVault portal from any device with Internet access and quickly and securely view all or some document pages, versions, document information, or print to a PDF without downloading.
Supported File Types
The following list of file types are supported and will work in the View in Browser window:
- Sign In to the SmartVault Portal.
- Browse to the vault or folder that contains the document you want to access.
- Click the underlined filename for the document you want to view in your browser window.
- The document opens in the View in Browser mode in a separate window.
- Use the File Tasks pane to perform various actions on a file.
- To download the document, click Download or select Download File under File Tasks.
- To view a list of file versions, click the Version icon or select View Version History under File Tasks.
- If you want to select a different version of a file, click the filename on the window that opens to download that version to your computer.
- To navigate through the pages within a file, click the Thumbnail viewer or the Previous and Next arrows.
- To zoom in or out of the document, click the + or - buttons, or select an option from the Zoom drop-down menu.
- To modify or create the file description, click View Properties under File Tasks. Enter text in the Description text box and click Save Changes when finished.
- To open or print a PDF of the document, click on Open or Print PDF under File Tasks.
If you select a document, you can perform various actions from the File Tasks pane.
- Download File
- View Version History
- Delete File
- View Properties (name, description)
- Send Link to File
- Get Link to File
- Move/Copy File (moving files requires the Delete permission)