This article explains how to create new containers and how to redistribute clients. Note: This feature is only available for Accountants' plans or plans with Intuit Tax.
Container names must be exactly three characters, including the "-" character. For example, A-D would be a valid container name, but A- or AA-BZ would not be valid container names.
1. You must create all of your new containers first and then redistribute your clients accordingly.
2. Creating overlapping containers (for example, A-A and A-D) and redistributing your clients from one to the other will not work.
3. You cannot create sub-containers (a container within another container). We do not currently support this functionality.
Creating a New Container
For this article, we will use the example of creating a "0-9" Container.
1. Start in the Files & Folders view within the SmartVault Dashboard. Notice that three client Vaults are not nested within the alphabetical Containers because the clients' names start with a number and not a letter.
2. Left-click the Clients Container icon in the left Navigation Pane, click the Create New Container icon in the Details Pane, and name that container "0-9".
3. With the new Container "0-9" created, click the Container Properties icon on the far right.
4. Click the Redistribute Clients tab under Container Properties, and then click Submit Redistribute Request.
5. Your client Vaults will redistribute automatically to the correct Container.
Depending on the number of client Vaults to redistribute, the process may take some time, but you should receive an email notification from SmartVault when it is complete.