SmartVault searches for the search string in the document title, document description, and document content (see considerations below).
You can search for documents uploaded into vaults and folders in the SmartVault Portal by searching the Drive using the following items:
- By document name
- By one or more words in the document name
- By file extension, such as doc, jpg or pdf
- By one or more words in the document Description field
Searching in the SmartVault Drive
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Launchpad.
2. From the Launchpad, click SmartVault Drive.
3. If you want to search across all documents in an account, select the account you want to search.
4. If you want to search across all documents in a vault, select the vault you want to search.
5. If you want to search only a folder and any subfolders contained within the folder, select the folder you want to search.
6. In the Search field, type your search terms, and then click Search. SmartVault displays a list of results for your search.
For more information about using search terms or queries in the Windows Search engine, see the Microsoft article Advanced Query Syntax.
The Windows search function can browse your SmartVault account, just like any other folder on your computer.
- Indexing does not affect your search results in Windows search as it does in the SmartVault Portal.
- OCR Searching is not supported or was not working at the time this article was written.
- Windows Search is based on the operating system and may or may not support all searching capabilities on a network's resource such as SmartVault.