If a client does not currently have a client ID, you can add it.
Note: This article is recommended if you are just going to add one or a few client IDs at once. If you have more than a dozen new clients ID to add, we recommend importing clients via a CSV file.
When adding a client ID, keep the following in mind:
- Once the client ID has been assigned, it can not be modified, edited, or changed.
- The aliases are permanent and will re-add automatically even if they are deleted and saved.
- The client ID must be 4 alphanumeric characters long and cannot contain any special characters.
Manually Adding a Client ID
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
2. Click Clients.
3. Click the client’s name.
4. From the Aliases (Advanced) field, click the plus (+) icon.
5. For the Domain and Type fields, enter the information from the image below.
6. 6. In the Value field, enter the client ID. For example, “ABC1”.
Note: This field must contain the semi-colon that precedes the client ID.
7. Click the Save changes icon.