If you need to invite a client to view multiple client vaults, you can easily do so in SmartVault. This method is beneficial when you prepare personal taxes and taxes for a business owned by the same client.
To give access to multiple vaults to a client:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Select Client Management from the navigation sidebar.
- Locate the client vaults you want to share with your client and verify that each client has the same email address.
- While you can add additional email addresses to grant the same access to multiple vaults, each client record must contain that client's email address.
- If client records aren't on your Client's view, you can import clients from Lacerte or ProSeries or manually add a new client in the SmartVault Portal.
- If needed, change the email address in the client record.
- Select each client vault you want to share, click Actions next to Add Client in your Clients list, and select Invite Clients.
- Sending Client Invites shows a list of the client(s) you invited and the status of your invites.
- Once you've invited your client, they will receive an email invitation to access the shared vaults. Your client will now have access to all the client vaults you just invited them to.