Over time, you may need to update or add a client's email address in your SmartVault account. This may occur after printing a tax return from Lacerte/ProSeries or importing a client from these platforms without an email address in SmartVault. The following steps will guide you through this process.
Updating Client Contact Information
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Select Client Management from the left navigation menu.
- Locate the client you want to edit and click on them to open the Client Details page.
- On the Client Details page, click Edit.
- Edit the contact information as needed and click Save Client.
For Entity clients (Business or Organization), you can designate any contact as primary by clicking the Set as Primary button for that contact.
You can also update the client contact page in Lacerte/ProSeries and reimport the client into SmartVault using the Import Client utility.