Sometimes you may have to remove some QuickBooks/QBO, Xero, or FreshBooks company files from your account because,
- While evaluating SmartVault, you added a test company file to the account and consumed a license.
- You may have inadvertently added a company file that is not the most current.
- You didn't realize you were adding the company file, and you didn't want to add it.
- You need to make room for additional company files or release a company license on your account.
To remove a company file from the account, you must have either the Vault Manager or Administrative privileges.
Removing Company Files
To remove a QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, FreshBooks, Reckon, or Xero company file from SmartVault:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Dashboard and go into the Files & Folders view.
- Select the account that contains the company file you want to remove from SmartVault and then browse to the Vault that includes the company file you want to remove.
- In the Application folder, expand the software folder (QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, etc.) and then select the company file you want to remove by enabling the checkbox next to the company file name.
- Click on the trash can icon to delete the company file.
You can remove a QuickBooks company file from SmartVault when you no longer want to perform the following actions:
- Attach documents to QuickBooks entries using the SmartVault Toolbar
- View documents and notes associated with QuickBooks entries
- Share documents attached to QuickBooks entries with others
- Back up or restore a QuickBooks company file using SmartVault
When you remove a QuickBooks company file from SmartVault, all documents, notes, and backups associated with the QuickBooks company file are deleted from SmartVault.
You can follow this procedure for QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Xero, FreshBooks, Method CRM, Results CRM, or any other object that consumes a company file license.
Company File Licenses: If you're removing a company file to re-claim a company license, it may take up to a few hours to update the usage page before you can add a new company file to your account.