This error message typically displays if, at one time or another, you chose not to integrate the specific QuickBooks company file with SmartVault.
Error: 0x80040420 The QuickBooks user has denied access. This application is not allowed to log in automatically. Check the qbsdklog.txt file for possible additional information.
Resolving This Error
Configure the QuickBooks company file to accept automatic logins from SmartVault:
- In QuickBooks, on the Edit menu, click Preferences.
- In the left pane, select Integrated Applications.
- On the Company Preferences tab, verify that SmartVault is listed under Application Name, and then click Properties.
- Ensure you have the following items selected on the Access Rights page:
- Allow this application to read and modify this company file.
- Allow this application to login automatically.