You may receive this error:
Error: No application is associated with the specified file for this operation when opening a PDF file in the Document List folder
This error occurs when the PDF file type has not been associated with a default application on your computer. You may still be able to open PDFs from your desktop, but without a default application set, won't open from the Inbox or QuickBooks Toolbar.
Resolving This Error
Change the default program associated with the file type you are trying to open by completing the following steps:
- Save the file to your local computer. For example, save the file to the desktop or the My Documents folder.
- Right-click on the file and then click Properties.
- Click Change.
- Select the program you want to use to open the file. For example, select Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- If the program you want to use to open the file is not listed, click Browse and then browse to and select the program you want to use to open the file.
Note: Remember to expand the Other Programs header to see additional options.
- Click Close.
- Open the Inbox or the QuickBooks Toolbar and verify that the PDF file can be opened in SmartVault.
Repairing the Adobe Installation
If you are still unable to open the PDF document in SmartVault and are using an Adobe application, it may need repair. Complete the following steps to repair the Adobe installation:
- If you use QuickBooks, start by closing QuickBooks.
- Close SmartVault.
- Open Adobe Reader 9 and then on the Help menu, click Repair Adobe Reader Installation.
- When the Adobe Reader repair process completes, close all open applications and restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks and SmartVault and verify that the PDF document can be opened in SmartVault.