While attempting to scan a document to the Toolbar in Quickbooks or the Inbox, you may get one of these errors:
- System.ApplicationException: Error at opening the Data Source.
- The scanner did not return an image
- Transfer Failed
These errors occur when SmartVault is unable to communicate with your scanner (the data source).
Resolving These Errors
Check your scanner's functionality by scanning a document outside of SmartVault/Quickbooks using either your scanner's native software that comes with the scanner or a third party software.
Ensure your scanner is plugged in, turned on, and has the proper drivers installed.
Once you've verified you have a TWAIN-compliant locally connected scanner that can scan directly to your desktop, try modifying some of your SmartVault scanner settings to resolve the issue by completing the following steps:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Desktop software.
- Right-click the SmartVault icon in your system tray and then click User Settings.
- On the Scanners tab, in the Options field, select one or more of the following options:
- Enable the Show the native status window checkbox.
- Select the Show the native scanning window checkbox.
- Click Advanced, and then in the Image Transfer Mode field, select Native from the menu.
- Click Close, and then click OK.
If the issue persists, please contact support.