You can create a Project engagement either using the Connected Desktop or the Client Management page of the online Portal.
- Ensure you have customized your default project template(s) to fit your workflow and document storage needs.
- If you have multiple project templates, ensure they have unique names.
Creating a Project Engagement in the Connected Desktop
- In the SmartVault Connected Desktop, on the Client tab, right-click on a client and choose Client Engagement > Project > Project Template.
- Enter a name for the project and click Save.
If you have already invited your clients, they should see the folders you've shared with them in the template the next time they log in. If not, you will have to invite them to their client vault.
Creating a Project Engagement in the SmartVault Portal
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Select Client Management from the left sidebar.
- Click the Actions button (ellipses) for the client you want to create the Project and select Add Engagement.
- Select "Project" from the Select Engagement drop-down menu and enter a Project Name.
If you have customized your project template, enable the Select Specific Template checkbox and select the template from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add.
- A pop-up modal appears displaying the Project engagement added to the client with the status.
- The Project folder is created inside the client's vault.