This article will teach you how to export DMS data and import it to an external device, such as a flash drive or external hard drive. It would help if you only used this article after speaking to a representative from SmartVault Support. It will not cover migrating data directly from DMS to SmartVault.
The device can then be shipped to SmartVault to have your data imported to your SmartVault account. This process can be helpful for SmartVault users with lots of data (for instance, 500GB of client information). In these kinds of situations, importing data offline may be more practical.
Importing DMS Migration Data
You should first contact SmartVault Support before you start this method of migration.
- Click the SmartVault Launchpad icon on the desktop.
- Click Import Data.
- Select Intuit DMS, select your account. Then click Next.
- Click Options.
- Enable the Perform Offline Migration check box, click Browse, select a destination folder on your removable drive, and click Generate to create a safe password.
Store the password securely as SmartVault support will need it to access your data.
- Click OK.
- Click Import All to import every client from your DMS database.
Press CTRL and click each client to select multiple clients that are not continuous, or hold SHIFT and click from one client to another client to select all clients between the two.
- Click Import Selected to import only those clients you chose.
Once the export completes, safely eject the removable drive and confirm with SmarVault Support how to ship this drive to SmartVault. Typically you will FedEx this drive to SmartVault.
C/O Customer Care
600 N. Shepherd Dr, Suite 305
Houston, TX 77007