You may see the following error message display:
Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The local device name has a remembered connection to another network resource.
This error indicates that you already have a drive mapped to SmartVault with a different SmartVault user ID.
Resolving This Error
Before getting started, disconnect the previous connection before mapping with the credentials below.
- Right-click on the SmartVault icon in the system tray, which is located at the lower right of your desktop screen, near the clock.
- Select Disconnect Mapped Drive.
- Right-click on the SmartVault icon in the system tray, and select Options.
- Under the Preferences tab, disable the Remember my user name checkbox and then click OK.
- Try to map the drive again from the SmartVault Launchpad.