If you have a Mac, you can map your SmartVault drive using Finder. With a mapped drive, you can drag and drop or cut/copy and paste files and folders directly into SmartVault. It’s an easy way to migrate existing data to SmartVault.
Mapping the SmartVault Drive
- From your Mac, launch Finder.
- Click Go in the top menu bar and select Connect to Server from the menu.
- Enter the following information:
- Server or URL: https://docs.smartvault.com
- User name: Your SmartVault email address
- Password: Your SmartVault password
To map a SmartVault drive on your Mac, you must have a User or Client license. Guest licenses cannot map a drive.
The WebDAV client that is used to map the SmartVault drive on a Mac is extremely slow. You can also search for alternative WebDAV clients that may provide better performance than the native WebDAV client, such as Transmit or Mountain Duck. Find out more about mapping a SmartVault drive using Transmit.