Auto-Filing a Document
- Open the tax return in your tax prep software.
If a file is already in PDF format, you can still upload it by saving the PDF to My Documents, saving the file in the Upload to SmartVault folder, and then go to step 4.
- Print the file.
- Select SmartVault PDF Printer from the list of available printers and click OK.
- A window displays the SmartVault locations to which you can print your file. Click Auto-Filer.
- Enter the criteria used to route your document:
- Engagement type = Tax Engagement and Year
- Tag (document type)
If you check off Reuse previous selections, the next time you print a return, it will remember your previous selection.
- Enter or edit the name and description, if necessary.
- Click Upload.
- Navigate to the SmartVault Connected Desktop to ensure your document has been auto-filed correctly.