Before You Begin
You must download and install the SmartVault desktop software to have access to the SmartVault Launchpad.
The image below displays the different sections of the SmartVault Launchpad.
The following section describes the tools available.
- SmartVault Portal: This shortcut launches your preferred web browser and takes you to the login screen for the SmartVault Portal. The Portal allows you to organize, share, view, and store your documents online.
You can also manage your SmartVault account and perform administrative tasks, such as viewing your Activity Log or recovering a file from the Recycle Bin.
- SmartVault Inbox: Used to quickly scan, upload, or download files without going through the SmartVault Portal. The Inbox is available to all users but requires users to be logged in to the Launchpad to work.
The Inbox is mainly used by Client and Guest users to scan and upload supporting documents to be attached to transactions or entries.
- SmartVault Drive: This maps SmartVault as a networked hard drive available through Windows Explorer. The SmartVault Drive is available to all users types except Guests but requires users to be logged in to the Launchpad to work.
The SmartVault Drive lets you open and save files directly into SmartVault or quickly copy files and folders in or out of SmartVault by dragging and dropping.
- Scanner Integration: If your scanner uses TWAIN drivers, you do not need to install these scanner profiles. Some scanners use proprietary software that will not natively scan into SmartVault, so we have created profiles for the two most popular proprietary software packages: Canon CaputureOnTouch and Fujitsu ScanSnap.
- Back Up QuickBooks Data: Used to create manual backups of your company files and save them to SmartVault.
You must be signed in to the Launchpad, and the company file must be closed (all users in a multi-user environment must have the file closed) for the manual backup option to work. To schedule automatic backups, you must go through the Backups tab within SmartVault User Settings.
User Settings, Support Links, Optional Plugins
The following section describes the user settings, support links, and optional plugins.
- SmartVault Support: This takes you to SmartVault's Customer Center, where you can search SmartVault's Knowledge Base articles or submit a support ticket.
- SmartVault User Settings: You can change the default settings for your user account:
Preferences tab: Set the Launchpad to remember your credentials or change the colors of the SmartVault Toolbar.
Scanners tab: Change the default settings for your scanner when scanning to SmartVault.
Backups tab: Select which company files you would like to automatically backup to SmartVault and the frequency of those backups.
Confirmations tab: Set default responses to the most common pop-up windows associated with SmartVault.
Advanced tab: Used to resolve intermittent connectivity issues with SmartVault.
- Get Outlook Plug-in: Shortcut to the SmartVault for Outlook Plugin page with a training video and download button.