You can install the SmartVault toolbar for the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. When you install the toolbar, you can select the web application you will use with it (such as QuickBooks Online, Xero, or FreshBooks).
You can only use the browser toolbar if you have a user or client license and access to the company file in the SmartVault account. The toolbar is not compatible with Safari or Internet Explorer 11.
Installing the SmartVault Toolbar
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Under SmartVault Apps to select the web application you are going to use with SmartVault.
- Select the browser with which to use the SmartVault toolbar.
If you are using Xero, install the toolbar using Google Chrome or Firefox because it will not work with Internet Explorer.
- 4. Install the browser extension.
Integrating the Application with Your SmartVault Account
- Log in to the application website that you wanted to integrate with your SmartVault account.
For example, if you are using Quickbooks Online, login to your Quickbooks Online account. Select a transaction such as a bill or a vendor, and the SmartVault toolbar displays it on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the toolbar and sign in to your SmartVault account.
- A window appears asking you if you want to allow this application to access your SmartVault account. Click Allow and refresh the page.
- The SmartVault toolbar has a folder on it with a plus sign. Click the plus sign to finalize the integration.
- Once you click Next, select a vault to store the documents in.
You can now use the toolbar to attach documents to the transactions in that company file.