For security and compliance purposes, it's important to audit who has accessed sensitive documents. You may need to know when someone uploaded, downloaded, deleted, or changed any document's properties or who changed access settings on a vault or folder.
The Activity Log does just that.
Who Can View the Activity Log
The Activity Log is available in all SmartVault plans except Basic 2016 and Team 2016. This includes all SmartVault Tax and Accounting plans as well as the Professional 2013 and newer Pro plans.
Viewing the Activity Log
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Select Files and Folders.
- Navigate to the account, vault, or folder for which you want to view the Activity Log.
- Click the Properties icon () for the account, vault, or folder and select the Activity Log tab.
- Click the Edit filters icon () and select the user types for which you want to view the activity log.
- Select All if you want to view activity for all users, clients, and guests.
- Select Users if you want to view activity for only client users.
- Select Guests if you want to view activity for only guest users. In a Tax Plan, tax clients use a Guest license.
- Select Guests+Clients if you want to view the activity log for only guests and clients.
- Select Clients if you want to view activity for only clients.
- In the Date Filter section, use the calendars to select the Beginning date and Ending date.
We recommend selecting no more than three months.
- If you have selected a vault or folder and want to include all subfolders' activity, enable the Include sub folders checkbox.
- Click Apply. SmartVault displays the activity log for the selected item.
- To export the activity log to a CSV file, click the Export to CSV icon ().