SmartVault administrators have full access to their SmartVault accounts. Only SmartVault users assigned a user license can be an administrator. Users with a client or guest license cannot be administrators.
SmartVault administrators can perform the following actions:
- Manage all vaults, folders, and documents in the account
- Share vaults and folders with other users, clients, and guests
- Add and remove users from the account
- Add QuickBooks or Reckon Accounts company files to SmartVault
- Custom-brand the SmartVault account
- View user activity in vaults and folders
- Manage Billing
- Upgrade the account
Additional administrators cannot remove the main administrator from the account.
Adding an Additional Administrator
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click the initials in the top right corner of the page and select Settings.
- Under Administrator Settings, click Administrators.
- Click Add Member.
- Choose one of the following:
- Adding an existing account user: Enable the checkbox in front of the existing account user’s name, and click Add Selected Users.
- Adding someone who is not a member of the SmartVault account: Click Invite User Not in List. Specify the person's email address, add an optional personal message, and then click Send Email.
SmartVault sends an email notification to the person you just added to the SmartVault Administrators group. When the person clicks on the link in the email, they are prompted to create a SmartVault user ID.
Once they create their SmartVault user ID, they are automatically signed in to SmartVault as an administrator and can begin managing your account.