Files and folders go to the Recycle Bin when you delete them from a vault, folder, or container. You have 90 days to recover deleted items from the recycle bin. SmartVault removes deleted files from your account after 90 days.
Documents and files stored in the recycle bin won’t count towards the storage space allocated for your account.
Recycle Bin Permissions
To use the Recycle Bin, you must meet one of these requirements:
- You are a member of the SmartVault Administrators group.
- You are a member of the employee group on a Tax Plan.
- You are a member of the Vault Managers or the Full Access group for the vault containing the deleted folder or file.
- You created permissions for the folder or parent folder containing the deleted document.
Deleting or Restoring Files in the Recycle Bin
To restore or permanently delete files and folders in the Recycle Bin:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Select View Files and Folders.
- Navigate to the folder that contained the deleted file.
- Click Actions for the folder, and select Properties.
- Click the Recycle Bin tab.
- Select the checkbox next to the items you want to delete or restore.
- Click Restore to return the file(s) back to their original folders or Delete Permanently to remove the file(s) from your account.
- Click Close to return to the portal. You’ll find restored file(s) in their original folders.
- Click OK to confirm your actions.