The SmartVault PDF Print Driver lets you print from the Windows File Explorer, your desktop, or any software application that allows printing to SmartVault.
You can route documents to a specific folder in SmartVault by applying selected criteria in the print driver: client, engagement type, frequency (monthly, quarterly, or annually), and document type (tag).
Note for Thomson Reuters® UltraTax Users
If you're using UltraTax, the steps referred to in this article might not be the most efficient for printing tax documents. Please refer to our dedicated Getting Started with SmartRouting for the most relevant and detailed instructions.
Auto-Filing a Document
- Open the document.
If a file is already in PDF format, you can still upload it by going to My Documents, saving the file in the Upload to SmartVault folder, and then go to step 4.
- Print the file.
- Select SmartVault PDF Printer from the list of available printers and click OK.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Desktop.
- A window displays the SmartVault locations to which you can print your file. Click Auto-Filer.
- Enter the criteria used to route your document:
- Engagement type (and engagement period if applicable)
- Tag (document type)
- Enter or edit the name and description, if necessary.
- Click Upload.
- Navigate to the SmartVault Connected Desktop to ensure your document has been auto-filed correctly.