Using the SmartVault Inbox, you can quickly upload documents (up to 2GB) directly to the SmartVault Portal from a local and network drive or from a file attached to a Microsoft Outlook email message.
To do so, you must first select the location in SmartVault you want to use for uploaded documents.
Selecting and Upload Folder in SmartVault
To select an upload location in SmartVault:
- Sign in to SmartVault Launchpad, and then click SmartVault Inbox.
- Click on the All Folders tab, click the My Accounts button, and then navigate to the folder to which you want to upload your documents.
- Click Add, then upload or drag and drop documents from your desktop, network drive, or Outlook attachment.
Uploading a Document from a Local or Network Drive
- In the SmartVault Inbox, click Add.
- Click Browse, navigate to the document you want to upload and click Open.
- Enter a document Name and Description, and then click Accept.
Dragging and Dropping a Document from Your Desktop
To drag and drop from a computer or network drive:
- Select the document on your desktop or a network drive.
- Drag and drop the document(s) into your SmartVault Inbox upload folder.
Dragging and Dropping a Microsoft Email Attachment
To drag and drop a Microsoft Outlook email attachment:
- In Microsoft Outlook, open the email message that contains the attachment you want to upload to SmartVault.
- Select a document attachment in a Microsoft Outlook email.