With SmartVault Connected Desktop, you can send password-protected PDF files to any recipient who isn't a customer or guest of your account.
Before sending, you can make changes to the PDF file(s), including/excluding annotations, deleting pages, and changing a page's orientation.
You can only send files using an email client (email service accessed through desktop programs). You cannot use a browser-based email service like Gmail.
To send a password-protected file:
- Open the SmartVault Connected Desktop
- Locate and select the file(s) you want to send.
- Right-click the file(s) and select Send to > Mail Recipient.
- In Email Files - SmartVault, select the Password protect and encrypt all PDF documents sent in this email checkbox and click Send.
- Enter a password for the file.
You'll need to give this password to the recipient.
- Click OK. The PDF is attached to an email message in your default email program.
- Enter the email address(es) for the recipient(s) and click Send.