An Engagement is a client interaction that automatically builds a folder structure in SmartVault specific to the task. Client engagements help you collect, store, and organize the flow of documents and information between you and your clients. Create engagements to send your engagement letters, collect your client's supporting tax documents, or manage your projects.
When you create a new engagement, SmartVault creates the folder structure automatically for the year you choose as well as any other frequencies (quarterly, monthly, etc.) established by the engagement folder template. You can manage your Folder Templates in your account settings.
Creating Engagements in the SmartVault Portal
To create Client Engagements in the portal:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal and click Client Management in the navigation sidebar.
- Select clients for the engagement, click Actions next to Add Client, then select Add Engagements.
- In Add Engagement for selected Clients, choose an engagement type and year.
- Enable Select Specific Template to use a specific template for the engagement, then choose a template.
- Click Add to create the engagement. A confirmation message shows the selected clients, the engagements created, and the sent status. Each engagement listed is also a link to the engagement folder.
Creating a New Engagement in the Connected Desktop
The screens below may be different for tax and accounting plans.
- Open the Connected Desktop.
- Select Clients.
- Right-click on a client and go to Client Engagement>Engagement Type>Year.
Tax customers cannot select a year that already has an existing tax engagement.
- SmartVault creates folders for the engagement. They are in your client's vault in the Document View pane.