When you create a new engagement, SmartVault creates the folder structure automatically for the year you choose as well as any other frequencies (quarterly, monthly, etc.) established by the engagement folder template.
Creating a New Engagement in the Connected Desktop
The screens below may be different for tax and accounting plans.
- Open the Connected Desktop.
- Select Clients.
- Right-click on a client and select Client Engagement.
- Select an engagement type, and then select a year.
Tax customers cannot select a year that already has an existing tax engagement.
SmartVault automatically creates the folders for the engagement, and the folders appear in your client's vault in the Document View pane.
The folders SmartVault creates are based on your folder templates. Find out more about editing folder templates.
Creating Engagements in the SmartVault Portal
To create client engagements for your clients in the Portal:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click Clients.
- On the Clients page, select all clients by enabling the checkbox icon on the header or clicking the Create new engagements for all clients icon.
To select specific clients, click the checkbox icon on each specific client.
If the page currently displays less than 100 clients at a time, you can change this to 100 clients by going to User Settings > View Preferences > Page Size, selecting 100, and then clicking Save Changes.
- Click Tax Engagement and choose one of the following engagement types.
If you select Project, you are prompted to add the Project Name.
- Click the link below Period and select the year for the engagement you are trying to create.
The Period is not visible for Project type engagements.
- Click the Save engagement icon.
- A window appears to verify that each client receives this new engagement. Click Close.