You can move the company file folders for integrated applications like QuickBooks from one vault to another.
- You cannot move the company file folders outside of Applications or any other level besides the vault level. You cannot put the Applications folder in another folder.
- If you move a company file from one vault to another, access to this company file will be lost. You will need to grant access to the company file again unless you have vault group permissions already configured.
To move a company file in the SmartVault portal:
Only account Administrators and Vault Managers can create, move, copy, or rename folders.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- In the Files and Folders view, browse the vault containing your company file on the left tree pane.
- Open the folder labeled Applications, then click the folder labeled Quickbooks. (Or QuickBooks Online, Xero, FreshBooks, etc.).
- Click the Gear icon next to the name of your company file.
- Click on the Move Company tab.
- Choose the account under the Move to this account dropdown menu and select which vault you would like to move this company file to.
- Lastly, click the Move this company button at the bottom of the page.