One way to use SmartVault with Mac is to map a drive using Transmit. By using Transmit with SmartVault you can drag and drop or Cut / Copy / Paste files and folders into your account. It’s a great way to manage your documents on your SmartVault account.
- When you open transmit you will see a black window.
- At the top, click on the tab that says WebDAV and enter the following below:
User Name: Your SmartVault email address
Password: Your SmartVault password
- Check WebDAV with HTTPS
- Click Connect
- Clicking the on the bottom left will add your connection to your “favorites” so that you can quickly connect to it next time you launch SmartVault
- When navigating through your files using SmartVault you will have to Right-Click on the file and choose Open.
- If you double click a file, it will download it to your desktop instead of opening it
- Once a file is opened, it can be Edited, when closing it will ask you to save and the file will be saved directly to SmartVault
- You can easily Drag and Drop files from left to right in transmit. The left side is your Mac hard drive, the right side is SmartVault. You can also drag and drop files directly from your desktop to a folder in SmartVault. Folders can also be created quickly by right click, create a new folder
- You must have a User (Admin or employee) or a Client license to use the SmartVault Drive feature. Guest Licenses do not have access.
- Please note that SmartVault does not offer technical support for Transmit.