You may need to change the location of the "Upload to SmartVault" folder from the “My Documents” folder. This is where the “Upload to SmartVault” folder is created when a user prints a document to the SmartVault PDF Printer for the first time.
Using these steps, you can change the folder location in the registry.
Change the location of the Upload to SmartVault folder
- When a user prints to the SmartVault PDF Printer, the “Upload to SmartVault” folder is created in the user's Windows “My Documents” folder.
- A registry value is then created:
String Value: UploadToSmartVault
Modify the UploadToSmartVault registry setting
- Ensure that SmartVault is not running.
- In Windows, open a command prompt with elevated privileges.
- In a command window, type Regedit.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartVaultCorporation\Options.
- Find the UploadToSmartVault string value. If the UploadToSmartVault string value doesn’t exist, create it.
- Type a new location for the “Upload to SmartVault” folder:
Old Value: C:\Users\rwilliams\Documents\Upload To SmartVault
New Value: C:\Temp\Upload To SmartVault
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart SmartVault.