This action is to be used very judiciously, and only if the client has started playing around with the SmartVault account and needs to clear it of all client vaults to do a new import or migration.
Before You Delete All Clients, Export the Client Data from SmartVault
- Open the Connected Desktop.
- Click File.
- Click Export Data.
- Select Include all Clients.
- Browse to the destination you want to copy to (desktop, my documents or external hard drive, etc.)
- Click Next to export.
- Let the process finish and verify the files are present in the destination area you choose, then proceed to the client cleanup below.
Delete All Clients with Client Cleanup
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal as an administrator.
- Right-click on the account name and select Manage Bill.
- In the URL, replace the text "Billing" with "ClientCleanup."
- Press Enter.
- Copy the values after "o=".
- Check the boxes for Delete all Templates and Reset to Default and Delete all Migration Data and Integration Queues.
- Paste the value after "o=" into the Enter the confirmation code box.
- Ensure that you are ready to delete all client information from this account (client vaults/folders/files) and then press Submit.
- You will receive an email notification once this process has been completed.
Please do not upload any information to the account until the email notification has arrived.
You can also select three additional options while clearing a customer's account. These are optional and are not enabled by default. Selecting any, none, or all will still delete all of the clients in a customer's account.
- Delete all Templates and Reset to Default – this essentially puts you back on Happy Path for migration, deleting any custom templates, and resetting to only default templates.
- Delete all Migration Data and Integration Queues – this cleans out the migration log and any data stuck in the integration queue.
- Unbind all Customer Account Numbers (CAN) from Account – unlink the customer's Intuit CAN account.