When trying to use the “Attach File” in Outlook and then browsing to a file on SmartVault Drive, the attachment might fail to attach to the email, or Outlook might freeze or crash.
To resolve the issue, follow the steps in this section.
- You can drag and drop from the Smartvault Drive explorer window into the email.
- Go to internet Explorer > Tools (the Gear icon) > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites
- Enter "file://docs.smartvault.com@ssl>"
- Uncheck the box for Require server verification.
- Click Add.
- Click Close.
- Click OK.
- Exit Outlook & Internet Explorer.
- Reopen Outlook & Internet Explorer.
- Retry the Attach File.
- Enter Credentials (if prompted).