Because many firms annotate files in the Organizer folder, SmartVault moves these files into the Source Documents folder by default. This action removes the files from being shared with your clients.
However, if you want clients to see documents from the Organizer folder, edit the DMS migration rule to move them to the Client Organizer folder. The Client Organizer folder is a shared folder accessible to your clients from the client portal.
Return to these steps when you are ready to begin your migration.
1. Click on the Import Data icon on the SmartVault Launchpad window.
2. Select Intuit DMS as the source and select your SmartVault account to import to. Click Next.
3. Click Folder Mapping on the next screen.
4. The DMS Folder Mapping tool opens. The folder mapping for the Client folder displays by default.
5. Click the down arrow next to Client and select Tax Year Engagement.
6. Select the option "Map Organizer folder to Firm Source Documents (using association)" and then click Edit.
7. Under Destination Folder on the Mapping Definition window that opens, click to enable the Target Folder and then click Browse.
8. On the Browse Template Folders window that opens, select Client Organizer from the template tree. Leave the selection "Apply to any template containing this folder" as the active selection. Click OK.
9. On the Mapping Definition window, click OK.
10. On the DMS Folder Mapping window, click OK.
11. Your Organizer folder now maps to the Client Organizer folder when migrating, and your files in the Organizer folder are available to each client.
Back to Migration Prep Work