SmartVault allows you to view and download previous versions of a document in the SmartVault Portal. Even if a file has been infected with a virus or encrypted by ransomware, you can simply log in to your online SmartVault account and revert to a previous, non-infected version without putting your computer at risk.
Note: You can view previous versions of a document for any document uploaded to SmartVault on or after May 31, 2012 when this feature was introduced. For documents uploaded to SmartVault prior to May 31, 2012 you will not be able to view and download previous versions of the document.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Browse to the folder that contains the file you want to see a previous version of.
- Left-click on the "gear" icon to the right of the File Name you would like to revert. If you would like to preview the document before reverting, just click on the File Name.
- Click on the Version History tab. If you previewed the document, go to the right-hand pane and click on View Version History.
- Click on the File Name next to the Version Date you would like to revert to. Click Download if you would like to download an earlier version of the file.