You can delete a file or a folder in SmartVault through the SmartVault Portal or the Connected Desktop app.
Be careful when deleting entire folder structures. When you delete a container or folder, all of its contents are deleted as well.
Files and folders go to the Recycle Bin when you delete them from a vault or container. You have 90 days to recover deleted items from the recycle bin. SmartVault removes deleted files from your account after 90 days.
Users need Delete permission to remove files and folders. Contact your account administrator if you need to change folder permission settings.
Deleting Files in the Portal
To delete a document or folder from the SmartVault portal:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Go to the container, file, or folder that you want to delete.
- Click Actions next to the item, then click Delete.
Deleting Files in the Connected Desktop
To delete a document in the SmartVault Connected Desktop App:
- Open the Connected Desktop app.
- Go to the file you want to delete.
- Right-click on the file to open the shortcut menu and select Delete.