With SmartVault Drive, you can create folders to group and organize your files. Folders will help you optimize your workflow and make it easier to locate and access essential information. When you first log in, SmartVault presents you with default items such as "My First Vault" and "My First Folder." These serve as examples and can be renamed to suit your needs and workflow better.
Before diving into folder creation, please keep the following points in mind:
- To create a folder, you need to have a vault first. Folders can only be created under the vault root.
- While there are no limits on the number of folders and subfolders you can create, performance may decline significantly after about 150 objects at any level.
- Review the Best Practices for Vaults and Folders to ensure your folder structure is as effective as possible.
Creating a Folder
To create a folder:
- Map a drive with the SmartVault Drive.
- Open Windows Explorer, Mac Finder, or your preferred WebDAV application to find your SmartVault Drive.
- The first item you see is your Account Name. Click on it to open.
- Right-click within the window, as you would on your desktop, and select New>Folder or a similar option, depending on your operating system or application.