To resolve this issue:
- Right-click on the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen and select File Explorer.
- Type in %appdata%\microsoft\windows\sendto and press Enter on your keyboard.
- If you are missing the Mail recipient file, you will need to download the Mail Recipient file by clicking here.
- Check your Downloads folder or check the location where your browser normally saves documents.
- You should have two windows open:
- The first has %appdata%\microsoft\windows\sendto and displays Send To at the top.
- The other window is your Downloads folder.
- Exit the SmartVault Desktop by locating the arrow pointing upward on the bottom right of your screen. Right-click and select Exit to completely close out of SmartVault.
- Open the Connected Desktop and check to see if the Mail Recipient option is now available as shown in the screenshot below.
This process should not require a reboot of your machine and the fix should show results as soon as you move a file over to the Windows > Send To folder.
If you are still experiencing an issue, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team by calling in by phone, live chat, or email us at support@SmartVault.com for further assistance.
Microsoft may change certain locations and paths to this particular file. The article that this fix was provided by is here.