When you attempt to open a QuickBooks company file, you may receive the following error:
Error: COMException (0×80040402): This application is not allowed to log in automatically. Check the qbsdklog.txt file for possible additional information.
Error: COMException (0x80040430): This application is unable to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically; the QuickBooks Administrator can grant permission through the Integrated Applications preferences.
Error: 0x8004041D This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file displays when you try and open a QuickBooks company file that has been added to SmartVault.
Resolving This Error
To resolve this issue, configure QuickBooks to accept automatic logins from the SmartVault Desktop software.
- To ensure you are in QuickBooks' single-user mode, click File and verify that the Switch to Multi-user Mode option displays in the File menu. If the Switch to Single User Mode option shows in the File menu, you are in multi-user mode. Click Switch to Single-user mode to switch to single-user mode.
- If your SmartVault Desktop software has been upgraded from a version prior to SmartVault 3.0, you may need to modify both instances of SmartVault in the Integrated Applications dialog box.
- Right-click on the SmartVault icon in the system tray, and then click Exit.
- Open QuickBooks and log in as Admin in single-user mode.
- In QuickBooks, on the Edit menu, click Preferences.
- In the left pane, click Integrated Applications.
- On the Company Preferences tab, select SmartVault and then click Properties.
- Enable the Yes, always; allow even if QuickBooks is not running checkbox, and choose Admin as the Login user.
- Click OK and then click OK again.
- Close the QuickBooks company file.
- Click on Start > Programs > SmartVault > SmartVault.
- Open the QuickBooks company file as a non-Admin user.