You may receive one of the following login error messages when attempting to open a QuickBooks company file:
COMException (0×80040402): This application is not allowed
to log in automatically. Check the qbsdklog.txt file for possible additional
COMException (0x80040430): This application is unable
to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically; the QuickBooks Administrator
can grant permission through the Integrated Applications preferences.
0x8004041D This application is not allowed to log into
this QuickBooks company data file displays when you try and open a QuickBooks
company file that has been added to SmartVault.
Fixing QuickBooks Login Errors
To resolve the errors, follow these steps:
- Configure QuickBooks to accept automatic logins from the SmartVault software:
- Make sure you're in QuickBooks' single-user mode. To do this, click File and check if the Switch to Multi-user Mode option is displayed. If it is, you're in multi-user mode. Click Switch to Single-user Mode to switch.
- If your SmartVault Desktop software has been upgraded from a version prior to SmartVault 3.0, you may need to modify both instances of SmartVault in the Integrated Applications dialog box.
- Right-click on the SmartVault icon in the system tray, then click Exit.
- Open QuickBooks and log in as Admin in single-user mode.
- In QuickBooks, on the Edit menu, click Preferences.
- In the left pane, click Integrated Applications.
- On the Company Preferences tab, select SmartVault and then click Properties.
- Select the Yes, always; allow even if QuickBooks is not running checkbox, and choose Admin as the Login user.
- Click OK and then click OK again.
- Close the QuickBooks company file.
- Open the QuickBooks company file as a non-Admin user, and sign into SmartVault when the login page appears.