Manually run the Fix QuickBooks Registration utility from the SmartVault system tray.
This fix will automatically take the necessary steps to add the registration file to the correct location.
You must be the local administrator and ensure that if you're on a hosted or shared server, all other SmartVault users are not connected.
End the QuickBooks Processes Running in Background
- Right-click anywhere in the blank space on the bottom toolbar and click on Start Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes or Details tab and click on the tab depending on which version of Windows you have.
- Select the QuickBooks processes and click End Process or End Task, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Make sure only QuickBooks (QBW32.EXE) processes are ended and then close Task Manager.
Running the Fix QuickBooks Registration Tool in SmartVault
- In the bottom right-hand corner of your computer desktop (in the notification area by your clock), click on the up arrow pointing upward and right-click on the SmartVault keyhole icon.
- Click Actions > Fix QuickBooks Registration.
- If Windows displays an, Allow this application to make changes message, click Yes or OK. The verification message "Your computer is ready for use" should display.
- Click Start > Programs > SmartVault > SmartVault Launchpad, and then sign in to SmartVault.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
- Answer the security question (if prompted) about allowing SmartVault to run.
The SmartVault Toolbar should now display in QuickBooks.