You may receive this error:
"'When modifying a PDF in SmartVault Drive Requires you to Save the File with a Different Name"
Alternately, when you drag multiple files from SmartVault Drive to your local desktop, you may get a Windows security error.
The underlying cause of this error has to do with how your data is securely encrypted through SmartVault and a particular quirk of Adobe's security settings for PDFs.
Resolving This Error
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Trusted Sites.
- Add the following link file://docs.smartvault.com@ssl in the field and click Add.
- Enable the Require server verification checkbox.
- Click Close > OK.
- Close the browser.
- Exit out of SmartVault by right-clicking the SmartVault system tray icon and selecting Exit.
- Click SmartVault Launchpad and click SmartVault Drive.