You may receive this error:
SmartVault.AccessDenied: Access Denied. Your rights may have changed; please Sign out and Sign back in to correct this problem. at SVault.Client.BusinessObjects.ClientTokenCache.get_RestConfiguration() at SVault.Client.BusinessObjects.ClientTok
There are two possible causes for this error:
- You may have recently updated the SmartVault Desktop software to a newer version of the software.
- Your account administrator may have changed your access to a particular QuickBooks company file.
Resolving This Error
If you have recently updated the SmartVault Desktop software to a newer version of the software, complete the following steps:
- Open the SmartVault LaunchPad and click SmartVault User Settings.
- On the Preferences tab, disable the checkmark from the Remember my user name field, and then click OK.
- Exit the SmartVault Desktop software by locating the arrow pointing upward on the bottom right of your screen close to the time and date. Right-click and choose Exit to close out of SmartVault completely.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and the letter E at the same time to bring up the File Explorer. In the screenshot below, type in %appdata% and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Open the SmartVault folder and double-click the Cache folder.
- Delete all of the folders and files located in this folder.
- Reopen the SmartVault as usual and sign in with your SmartVault credentials.
If you have not recently updated the SmartVault Desktop software to a newer version of the software, contact your account administrator and have them verify that you have appropriate access to SmartVault.