This article will guide you on how to whitelist our email address email@example.com as a trusted sender to ensure that notifications, activation emails, and password reset requests are sent to your email, not marked as Spam or automatically deleted from your email client.
Whitelisting SmartVault Email
Click on the following email provider you are using to see whitelist instructions:
AOL - America Online
- Click Contacts in the left toolbar.
- Click New Contact.
- Add the contact information and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose Add Contact to Save.
If the email is in your Spam folder, you can open the email and click the This Is Not Spam button.
- Click Preferences from the menu.
- Click Restrict Incoming Email.
- Click Yes to Enable Email Controls.
- Click Allow email from addresses listed below.
- Enter email@example.com you want to whitelist.
- Click Add.
- Click Update to finish.
If the email is in your Spam folder, you can open the email and mark it as Not Spam.
- Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click Create Contact
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the primary email address field.
- Click Save.
If the email is in your Spam folder, you can open the email and click the Not Spam button.
- Open your mailbox and click Options (upper right-hand corner).
- Click the Junk E-Mail Protection link.
- Select the Safe List link.
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the dialog box titled Type an address or domain.
- Click the Add button next to the dialog box.
If the email is in your Spam folder, open the email and click the Not Junk button. *You should also check that the mailing's email address is not in your Blocked Senders list. You can find your Blocked Senders list by following the directions above and going to Blocked Senders List instead of Safe List. If you see the mailing's from address on this list, select it and click the Remove button.
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Card button.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email field.
- Click OK.
If the email is in your junk folder, right-click the email and choose Mark < As Not Junk.
- Click on Junk in the top of the Home Menu.
- Click on Junk Email Options.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
- In the Add address box, copy and paste in email@example.com and click OK.
If you are using a different version of Outlook, you can add the mailers From address to your Address Book. Y by opening the email, right-clicking the From address, and selecting Add To Contacts. You can also access your Address Book via the tools menu.
- Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right-hand corner).
- Select Filters under the Management column.
- Click the Add button on the Filters page.
- In the "From header:" row, make the drop-down Contains and put the mailer's from address firstname.lastname@example.org in the box.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Choose Folder menu and select Inbox.
- Click the Add Filter button.
If the email is in your spam folder, you can open the email and click the Not Spam button.
The best and most common way to whitelist an address is to add it to your address book, white list, or safe sender's list. Unfortunately, there is no universal way to whitelist an address for any email provider, so if this is not an option, you will have to consult the help section associated with your email application or provider. Only they can provide the best instructions on how to whitelist an address on their email platform.