In Lacerte, you can set SmartVault to be a default print option when printing tax returns. After following the steps below, you will no longer need to manually check the SmartVault option when printing your clients' tax returns.
Setting SmartVault as the Default Print Option
- From Lacerte 2014, go to Settings > Options.
- In the User Options window, from the Setup tab, click Complete Return - SV.
- Choose Yes for each type of tax return for which you want SmartVault to be a default print option.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- When printing a client's tax return, SmartVault is now checked by default as a print option for each tax return type you chose in the default settings.