Your SmartVault desktop software is updated automatically every time SmartVault runs, or your computer is restarted. If the computer is left on, it will automatically check for updates between 2 AM and 4 AM.
If SmartVault does not automatically update, you will need to check for updates and install them manually.
If you are using SmartVault in a hosted environment, you will need to contact your cloud hosting provider (Right Networks, CloudNine, InsynQ, Swizznet, etc.) and ask them to update the SmartVault for Windows Desktop Client for you.
Manually Checking for Updates
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad.
- Right-click on the SmartVault taskbar icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
If you are not signed in, the SmartVault icon will be grayed out.
- Select Check for updates.
- The SmartVault Updater might indicate that your version of SmartVault is current.
Or the SmartVault Updater might indicate that your version of SmartVault is out-of-date. The update will automatically download.
- Click OK to install the update and then follow the installation wizard's instructions to complete the update.
If you are still having issues updating, contact SmartVault Support.