Before Getting Started
Refer to this article before attempting this fix:
This fix involves checking a registry key for errors.
Resolving This Error
- Press the Windows Key+R and type "regedit"
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > NetworkProvider > Order.
- Right-click on the Order folder and click Export to create a backup on the local machine.
- Double-click ProviderOrder.
- In the Value data field, verify that the text appears like this:
These specific values aren't crucial to the fix, but instead, the list should be formatted in this way, meaning "listItem1,listItem2,listitem3", and so on.
- RDPNP,LanmanWorkstation,webcliente*: Remove the "e*" from the text.
- RDPNP.LanmanWorkstation,,webclient: Remove the additional comma.
If these errors aren't present, don't make any changes.
- After making the edit, press the Windows Key+R and type services.msc.
- Locate WebClient.
- Right-click on WebClient and click Restart.