This article provides a basic overview of purchasing more Envelopes and KBAs to use with your SmartVault and DocuSign accounts. Find out more about DocuSign Envelopes and KBAs.
Each document used to request a signature must consume an envelope. Any envelope may or may not use KBA signature requests. You can have multiple KBAs consumed in one envelope. For example, if requesting a signature from both spouses on their 8879 or e-file authorization form, you could effectively consume one envelope and two KBA signatures from your account.
Before Getting Started
Only Administrators on the account can purchase Envelopes and KBAs. You must have opened and integrated a DocuSign account through SmartVault using the method indicated here: Create a DocuSign Account in SmartVault.
Purchasing Envelopes and KBAs
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click the settings icon on the top right of the screen.
- Click Purchase E-Signature Addons under Manage Billing and Payment.
- Select the quantity for each item required, and click Purchase at the bottom of the page.
- You will not be able to make any purchases if you do not have a credit card on file.
- You can update the payment information on this page by clicking Click here to update your credit card information.